Share your Ideas on Water Conservation

This forum is designed to encourage visitors to share their thoughts on actions Long Islanders should take to embrace water conservation. Content not related to that purpose will be removed.

Home Forums Water Conservation Forum Saving water (and your skin)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anna Smith

My skin gets dry in the winter, largely because my family keeps the temperature decently high in our house. However, I read somewhere else that hot showers can also cause skin to dry, and I tend to take long, hot showers around this time of year. Keeping showers short and warm instead of hot is supposed to help skin retain its moisture, but I wanted to share this here as well since it also decreases both energy and water consumption! Keep warm this winter!

Where I got it from: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/dry-skin/symptoms-causes/syc-20353885

#701 Reply
    Taylor Larson

Sometimes I just lose track of time in the shower. If you have a moisture resistant speaker, you can use music to help you time showers (or just about any other activity) to decrease water consumption… that is if you don’t enjoy singing too much!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Reply #701 in Saving water (and your skin)
Your information: